Barnegat Bucket // Crape Myrtle
Convertible Bucket. Multi way use gives easy function for busy days. Wear it your way, change it as you go.
- Naturally dyed with plants and minerals
- Body- 100% organic cotton canvas, hand waxed with Otter Wax.
- Trim- undyed natural cork w/ cotton backing
- Adjustable buckle slider strap so you can wear the bag crossbody or shoulder length. Adjustable strap is removable so bag can also be carried by hand with the small double handles.
- Antique brass hardware
- Lining- undyed natural 100% organic cotton barrier cloth
- Interior organization includes: zipper pocket and flat wall pocket for small devices.
- 9"w x 11"h x 7.5"d
- Strap drop can be adjusted to many lengths. We made the strap this way so you can find your best length to wear as both a shoulder or crossbody bag.
- 3" handle drop
- Made in the USA
Dye Plant Used: Crape Myrtle Flowers
Plant Source: Plants grown in the Jersey Shore garden.
Mordant: Aluminum Acetate sourced from Botanical Colors.
Note about mordants: Some plant materials require a mordant to help the dye bind to the fabric fibers. Even though metal mordants are safe, we are working to offer more styles with non metal mordants like soy milk which are free of metals. We also use some dye materials that are tannin rich, which means they do not need any additional mordants to bind to the cloth. Indicated on each style is the mordant used so we are transparent about what is and is not used in our dye process.
Note about variations: All styles are dyed naturally by hand which makes each piece one of a kind by nature. If we have more than one of any color/print per style, they may vary slightly. We have been working to develop some colors and prints in our collection which can be recreated for more products to come. In designing and dyeing with nature, colors created may vary from season to season and plant to plant. If the color/print for each style is very different, we will show multiple pictures in the description for that style. Styles cut from the same cloth will vary slightly and we will indicate this on the product page as well.
Care: We recommend spot cleaning with PH neutral detergent.
Our fabrics are hand dyed naturally with plants and minerals. With time natural colors will age and evolve adding more unique character to your accessory. At Kelocabay we live in harmony with nature. We find inspiration in weathered beauty, which comes with age and time. We hope you enjoy watching the transformation of color as well.